MANUSCRIPT GUIDELINES FOR SYMPOSIUM:
GEOGRAPHY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, OHRID, 2009
The text should be typed in Microsoft WORD format (Word 97, 2000, XP or 2003). Keep the text layout as simple as possible. Manuscripts are to be submitted in electronic format only. Full-length paper should not exceed 10 pages (including abstract, figures, tables, photographs, etc.). Line spacing: single. All papers, related correspondence and inquiries should be directed to
PAPER PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
The text should be prepared according to the guidelines given below. References, tables, figures, photographs etc. should be included within the main text body. The final text should be in electronic form (standard CD, 3.5" floppy disk or by e-mail). It is essential that the name and version of the word-processing program used be clearly indicated on a disk label or stated in e-mail message. Full paper will be a Word file (.doc) document.
Observe and stick to the deadlines for submitting your paper.
• (1) Manuscripts must be written in English. SI-units should be used (kg, m, s).
• (2) The pages of the paper should not be numbered.
• (3) Manuscripts should be organized in the following order:
- Title centered in 14 point font (capitals, bold) with two line space above
- Name (s) of author (s) centered in 12 point font with one line space above but no space below. Author’s name is written in an order: given name and surname (surname capitalized).
- Full affiliation (s) and address (es) for correspondence centered in 10 point font. Address (es) can include e-mail address of each author but do not include each author’s title and phone and fax number.
- Abstract in 10 point font with two line space above, single spaced, 10 to 15 lines.
- Keywords in 10 point font with one line space above and one line space below
- Body of text, in 12 point font, single spaced, subdivided by subheadings
- Acknowledgements (if applicable) in 10 point font
- References in 10 point font
• (4) Page format: A4 ( 21 cm x 29,7 cm), single column, margins left and right 25 mm, top and bottom 25 mm.
• (5) Type face
- Times New Roman
- Primary headings: 12 point, capitals, bold, align left with one line space above and one space below.
- Secondary headings: 12 point, bold, align left with one line space above but no space below.
- Third level headings: 12 point, align left, underlined.
- Text: 12 point, align justified.
• (6) The organizers reserve the right to return accepted manuscripts and illustrations to the author (s) that disagree with the instruction requirements.
ILLUSTRATIONS, FORMULAS, FOOTNOTES
Original illustrations (line drawings and photographs) should be ready for printing. Only black-and-white photographs of good contrast and intensity will be accepted. Photocopies of photographs cannot be accepted. Illustrations should be fit into text according to the general page format. Tables and figures should be numbered consecutively. Captions of tables should be placed above and centered. Captions of figures should be placed below and centered. Letters and annotations in tables and figures should be in 10 point font. Below figures and tables leave 1 line space. Formulas and equations should be numbered consecutively with numbers aligned right in brackets. Footnotes should be used only if absolutely necessary.
Type the word “REFERENCES” as a heading in bold 10 point. For each reference, a dangling indent with 4- 8 mm is preferable rather than numbering. Samples are shown below.
For a journal paper: Last name (s) and initial (s) of author (s), year of publication, title of paper, name of journal (in italic), volume number, issue number, inclusive page numbers with hyphen.
For a book reference: Last name (s) and initial (s) of author (s), and/or editor (s), year of publication, book title (preferably in italic), (editor (s)), publisher, place of publication, chapter or inclusive page numbers.
For a paper presented: Last name (s) and initial (s) of author (s), year, title of paper, name of conference (preferable in italic), name of abstract book or proceedings, inclusive page numbers with hyphen.